Pages

February 6, 2013

Inspiration from the Antique Store

On a few of our recent (failed) thrift store adventures, we have had a certain antique mall recommended to us. This past weekend, we finally made our way there and were really happy that we did. Some of these things I just thought were really cool or unique, but a lot will serve as inspiration for the new home office!

Lovely Glass:

On this field trip I discovered a couple...no a few new obsessions. Two of my newly found obsessions are hobnail glass and salt and pepper shakers. To spare you all some redundancies, I did not post the 4 other pictures of various salt and pepper shakers that I took and instead went with a combo of two of my new favorite things. 



Cool Lighting: 


This looks like something Strawberry Shortcake would have in her house. 

Vintage Electronics:

Another new obsession I found is old electronics (vintage cameras and typewriters really got the brunt of my oooohs and aaahs). Lucky for me, we don't currently have any shelf space for any of these cool finds. We are planning on building some new bookshelves for the office though.....


This is a vintage scale that absolutely horrified me! There is a giant sign on it that says, "Have you weighed yourself today?" in humongous letters, AND there is a scary mirror right in front of your face to capture the shame of it all!!




Found Objects:


(I'm not going to lie..this one looks really cool and old, but also made me chuckle.)


A really cool old stamp set that I'm tempted to go back and buy.

The Hardy Boys were a bit before my time, but the bindings are cool and the titles made me laugh.

Other Beautiful Things:

This was one of several jewelry cases they had...this place was seriously AWESOME! 

This box is 100% inlaid wood. I wouldn't have believed it if a couple of pieces weren't coming loose. The box is only about 5"x7", so you can only imagine how seriously TINY these pieces are! 

Furniture Finds:

I have my eye on this piece for the dining room...future project??

A cool apothecary chest that tempted me for our ridiculous DVD collection. 

So that was my weekend field trip! You will probably see some of these things used in future posts, so keep your eyes peeled. Do any of you have any object obsessions like me? Let me know I am not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment