Pages

February 2, 2013

Incorporating Pink In Your Decor

With all of the Valentine’s decoration on the shelves in the stores it kind of got me thinking of pink as actually being a relevant color. My husband and I have lived together for 8 years, so I stopped thinking about pink as a color option many moons ago. Every now and again I will find the inspiration to say the words: “What about pink?” to him and it’s always followed by: “What about what?!” So until I have a space that is for me and ONLY me, I will have to live vicariously through those that have been bold enough to not only rock some pink, but seriously pull it off. 

To me, choosing how you incorporate pink is all about your level of commitment to the color. So we'll start this relationship off slow and work up to a serious commitment.

1. Pillows and Linens

You've flirted with the idea of pink for a while now and you've finally worked up the courage to go on your first date. So you buy throw pillows and maybe a blanket or some other relatively inexpensive accent to see how you feel about pink.

2. Wall Art

Then you decide, hey I like this pink color, let's take this to the next level. Invest a little bit more money (and therefor commitment) in some pink wall art. 

3. Painted Furniture

Now your ready to invest some time and money into this love affair you have going on with pink. Some of these painted pieces were purchased already pink, but being a DIY-er at heart, to me, all of these involve getting out the paint brush/spray paint and committing some time and love to get some pink into your decor. This would be the relationship equivalent to letting pink move in with you. You can kick it out anytime you want with another can of spray paint. 


4. Upholstered Furniture

The major, expensive and/or time consuming step to take to work in the pink is using the upholstery to make your statement. Upholstery fabric is not cheap and I think it involves a touch more commitment than painting does. It's a lot harder to find a pink fabric that you love, than a shade of pink paint. These are some lovely examples.

W Design

I know, I know..... I didn't include the ULTIMATE commitment: pink painted walls. I'm sure there are some really pretty shades of pink that work well on an accent wall or maybe even the entire room, but it's not something that I would do even if I didn't live with a boy! Have you seen some amazing rooms with pink, or even with pink painted walls?? Make me a believer people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment